Projector screen paint is an easy DIY task. Just four quick steps and you’re done! It’s perfect for grandkids; the mess is way less than paint. But this paint doesn’t last as long, either when applied or once cured.
Today, I am going to review the Sherwin Williams projector screen paint. I’m going to go over the positives and negatives of it.
I have included a photo of the projector screen after it was installed and painted with Sherwin Williams projector screen paint. It’s not exactly what I expected…
Sherwin Williams Projector Screen Paint was a familiar paint on the market for some years. Let’s see whether should you use Sherwin Williams Projector Screen Paint now or not.
Should you use projector screen paint?
It depends. Some people like to paint their screen and some don’t. There are some benefits of projector screen paint.
If you are planning to paint your screen and you want to save money, it could be a good choice. However, I don’t recommend this projector screen paint because; it doesn’t last as long as advertised.
2. Easy Cleaning:
If you are planning on only cleaning your screen once in a while and not very often (once every year or so), then projector screen paint might be the best choice for you.
However, if you want your projector screen to last longer than a year or two before repainting (maybe 5 years of use), I suggest that you don’t use Sherwin Williams Projector Screen Paint.
Sherwin Williams Projector Screen Paint Review
Sherwin Williams Projector Screen paint was a familiar name in 2000. It was a regular paint in the market for years before it was discontinued in 2004. Since then, it has been replaced by other brands.
I and my team no longer recommend Sherwin Williams projector screen paint. The reason is that this paint doesn’t last as long as it used to be. They have changed their formula and since then, the coating is not as strong as it was before.
One upon a time, this was the best projector screen paint according to the users and many experts, but today they are saying not to use the paint. Don’t get me wrong. This projector screen paint is still OK to use, but if your goal is to have your projector screen last longer, then I recommend looking for a similar product with better reviews.
This paint has been re-branded and re-formulated several times, so I am not sure what kind of formula they are using now and that’s why I don’t recommend it anymore.
No, I can no longer recommend this projector screen paint.
What can Sherwin Williams Projector Screen Paint do?
- Modify the color of your projector screen so it looks evenly illuminated
- A great way to make your walls look like they have a glossy/matte finish that is more blackboard than paint
- If you paint your walls, it’s easy to tell the difference between where the projection will be placed and other areas in the room. This makes it easier to put up projectors at different angles and quickly move them if needed.
- Boost the effect of expensive projectors by using a color contrast. For example, if you have a projector that has a dark green screen but your walls are white, painting them green will make it look like it has a dark blue screen.
- Exchange for other colors than white or black in the many colors that Sherwin Williams offers.
- Use to decorate your home without taking down the wallpaper or painting.
- Can be used for many other purposes besides making a projector screen such as putting on rugs, wall decorations, tabletops, and chairs.
I believe you should not use Sherwin Williams projector screen paint today. I no longer recommend Sherwin Williams projector screen paint. Here are some other alternatives you can use nowadays to paint your projector screen:
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Thank you for reading our Sherwin Williams projector screen paint review.